Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer at the library

As any children's librarian knows, summertime is not the time when "the living is easy". While the SRC is probably the most anticipated event of the year (other than our annual Fright Night), reading club and other programs are the busiest times for most of us. By Friday afternoon, my head was buzzing from the sound of a week of lots of people having such great times in the children's room, that I swore a vow of silence for the weekend. Recuperation is occuring as I putter in the yard, pull weeds, and listen only to the birds. No one is mowing lawns, and there is only the slight murmering of the air conditioners around me, cycling on and off. Ah, blessed restorative silence. I can return on Monday with a clear head, calm disposition and the thought that maybe, just maybe, Summer Reading Is Killing Me was not written just for me.

1 comment: