Saturday, August 8, 2009

23 things

I'm trying to finish up my 23 things and have done pretty well. Time (Summer Reading Club) has put me a bit behind, but I think I'v managed most of the "things". I have had trouble with only one so far, and that was embedding my YouTube video. I had it posted (well, the URL) but couldn't figure out how to embed it. I'll have to confer with one of my library experts! I've removed it from my blog, pending getting it done right!

I've enjoyed learning and trying the new technologies and that has done wonders for my confidence. I no longer feel too far out of the loop. When I got my FaceBook acct. in January, that helped me feel like I was starting to get "savvy" (well, a little, anyway), but it has been great to be led, week by week, through the other various options. This has been a great program and much needed by many of us. Now we'll know what's being talked and written about! (also the Tech Fairs that ACLA sponsored were great too) Ing's demonstration of a blog made me feel that I could do it too and that was helpful.

Anyway, on to download my podcast and I think I am done.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed you've been able to do 23Things during summer - most children's librarians and staff didn't even think about it because of the chaos that is summer. So kudos to you!

    If you need help with the youtube video, let me know!

    And I'm so glad this has been such a positive experience for you! We're bringing in Helene Blowers (creator of 23Things) for a morning presentation on October 2nd - hope you can join us as it's going to ROCK!

    ReplyDelete